9.21.2010

Wedding Vows

My next few blog posts will most likely be about our wedding, since it's so fresh in my mind.  We got married at Warrington Country Club on August 28th, 2010.  We had an outdoor garden ceremony followed by a cocktail hour and reception.  The weather was beautiful, the ceremony was full of emotion, the reception was amazingly fun and full of so many memories that I will never forget.  We are supposed to be getting our wedding video back in a few weeks and I cannot wait to watch it! Here is a copy of our wedding vows, including the special sand ceremony that we did to include our daughter.

CELL PHONE ANNOUNCEMENT    
Thank you, you may all be seated.
 
Who gives Nicole to be married to Michael?
Bride's Father ~ Her Mother and I do.
 
We have been invited to hear Michael and Nicole as they promise to face the future together, accepting whatever may lie ahead.    In the time they have been together their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured.  Now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife.    Nicole and Michael, you are about to assume mutual relationships and responsibilities and to promise undying devotions.  Nothing is easier than saying words, nothing harder than living them day-by-day. 
 
As an expression that your hearts are joined together in love, please face each other and join hands?
    
 
Michael this woman whom you hold by the hand is to be your wife.  Please repeat now these vows of devotion…  I Michael take thee Nicole … to be my wedded wife … to have and to hold… from this day forward … for better, for worse,… for richer, for poorer … in sickness and in health,… to love and cherish … till death us do part … and hereto… I pledge you… my faithfulness.
 
 
Nicole this man whom you hold by the hand is to be your husband.  Please repeat now these vows of devotion …I Nicole take thee Michael … to be my wedded husband … to have and to hold… from this day forward … for better, for worse,… for richer, for poorer … in sickness and in health,… to love and cherish … till death us do part … and hereto… I pledge you… my faithfulness.
 
 
Michael and Nicole you have chosen this very unique and beautiful setting to celebrate the coming together of your lives. Today, you proclaim the love and devotion that you feel for one another. These vows are a promise of infinite love that unites you in blessed matrimony. 
 
 
Now as you exchange rings let them be to each of you a constant reminder of these commitments you have made. 
 
 
Michael will you look into Nicole’s eyes and into her heart, and repeat after me:     Nicole I marry you with this ring… It is a symbol of my love… loyalty and commitment…. I promise to show you everyday… that I love and cherish you.
 
Nicole do you accept this ring as a symbol of Michael’s love?   
Bride ~ I do
 
 
 
Nicole will you look into Michael’s eyes and into his heart, and repeat after me:      Michael I marry you with this ring… It is a symbol of my love… loyalty and commitment…. I promise to show you everyday… that I love and cherish you.
 
Michael do you accept this ring as a symbol of Nicole’s love? 
Groom ~ I do
 
 
 
These rings are more than a symbol of your marriage.  They are symbols representing the promises you are making here today.  Not only are these rings reminding you of the purity of your relationship; but they are also a circle, a line unending, reminding you that your love, devotion, and commitment to one another are to be unending as well.
 
We are all members of one family, God’s family. Today as Nicole and Michael have sealed their commitment to each other with the exchange of rings they too make a commitment to their daughter. We recognize the significant role that Abigail plays in this marriage celebrated today. She will now join Nicole and Michael in this commitment to each other by contributing a part of each individual person into one whole family.
 
 
Today, this relationship is symbolized through the pouring of these three individual containers of sand, each representing a member of the family in all that they were, all that that are, and all that they will ever be. As each individual’s sand is poured into the family’s one united common container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will become the bond with your family.
 
 
Later, as you seal your container with wax, it will symbolize your family and friends, may they always be there with you and keep you together as one.  Their wish for you today is that your lives together will last longer than the time it would take to separate those individual grains of sand.
 
 
Having heard the pledges of your affection, and the vows of your fidelity, I do therefore by virtue of the authority vested in me by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, before God, whose grace to you is unmeasured, and before these witnesses, pronounce you husband and wife. 
 
 
You may now share your first kiss as Husband and Wife!
 
 
It is now my honor and privilege to congratulate and introduce you as, Mr. and Mrs. Michael Hofmann.


It brings tears to my eyes just reading over it again. I'll post some of our favorite pictures tonight after Abby goes to bed. :)

1 comment :

  1. We did the same sand ceremony at our wedding. I thought it was unique.

    ReplyDelete