10.17.2010

Our Weekend :)

We had a great weekend here in the Hofmann house! Friday night I made some REALLY yummy Creamy Chicken Enchiladas (recipe: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dinner/creamy-chicken-enchiladas.html)
I highly recommend that you give this recipe a shot if you like cheesy goodness. They are a huge hit in this house... though they definitely aren't the healthiest option, so must stay as an occasional treat. :)

Saturday we relaxed and did some cleaning... took a trip to Target for a few last minute odds and ends.  Then Abby and I got busy with carving our pumpkin!  Abby had a blast scooping out the guts...
Here is the finished product... Abby calls him "Bert".
After our carving and scooping adventure we roasted up the seeds for a yummy treat. :)

We had a movie night, extra long (extra splashy) bath time, and a good nights rest.  Today we woke up and went to church.  Since my mom was in town visiting she came with us!  After church we went and walked around the Scarecrow Festival at Snipes, where we "milked a cow" and enjoyed some other Autumn festivities. We came home with a homemade pumpkin roll and apple cider. Yum!


 After our fun morning Abby went home to spend some time with daddy so Grandmom and I could go out and enjoy a delicious lunch.  We went to Red Lobster, one of our favorites! My mom is the BEST and because she lives about 3 hours away from me, I don't get to see her as often as I would like, so days like this are extra special. :)

Have a fantastic week, everyone! 

No comments :

Post a Comment