10.12.2010

Terrific Tuesday!

I've been laid up with an intestinal infection, so I'm going to take a shortcut this week and post something I've already written for some pretty terrific people.  My best friend, Michelle; my sister, Erica; and my sister-in-law, Kristy made up my bridal party in our wedding.  I gave them all journey pendants (and shoes) as their wedding gifts and wrote a speech thanking them for being a part of MY journey:




My Journey

Michelle, Erica, and Kristy: I am giving you these Journey Pendants as a thank you for not only being my bridesmaids, but for being a part of MY journey.

Kristy: You became a part of my journey when I started dating your brother.  You were immediately so friendly and welcoming, and made me so comfortable.  Watching you with your boys, the love that you have for them is inspiring.  I remember when you were pregnant with Adam and watching you go through the experience of having a preemie in the NICU really made me see what a strong and devoted mother you are.  Through the years we’ve become friends and had a lot of great times together, BBQs with your family, playing Rockband and Scene It, playdates with the kids, getting ice cream at Friendly’s.  You are a great listener, an intelligent woman,  and I’m so grateful to have met you and to now have you as a sister.

Michelle: You became a part of my journey 9 years ago.  You are so easygoing and real that I felt comfortable around you right away and since we were pretty much the only two girls in our group of friends, I gravitated towards you immediately and our friendship felt so natural.  You’ve been there for me through all of the good and bad things that life has thrown my way, and while a lot of people have come in and out of my life, you have stayed through it all.  We always have a good time together whether it’s going on vacation, having dinner and drinks, or having a game night.   We met as immature young college kids and have grown into the women that we are today, and we’ve done it together.  You keep me sane when everyone else is driving me crazy… and I am a better person for having you in my life.

Erica Lynn: You joined me on my journey many many years ago.  To say our relationship is like a rollercoaster, would be an understatement. You are the one person on this earth that can get under my skin like nobody else… but you’re also the one person that can make me laugh during my darkest moments. We’ve always been there for each other, no matter what. From the days when we used to crawl into each others beds and hide under the covers, I’ve always had your back, and I know you’ve always had mine. I’m so glad to have you in this wedding and as a part of my life.

Thank you all so much for all that you have brought to my journey. I couldn’t have done  it without you.

1 comment :

  1. I hope you feel better soon, Nicole! Being sick is the pits!!

    ReplyDelete