10.13.2010

What I Love Wednesday

Here are some of the things I'm loving this week...
1. Tea! Although the weather isn't as cool as it was, I've been sick with an intestinal infection (NOT loving that!) and one of the things I've been allowed to have on my clear liquid diet is caffiene-free tea.  I've been indulging in pure peppermint tea, chamomile, and Tazo Calm.  So warm and comforting. :)
2. Another little indulgence of mine lately has been these AMAZING pretzels that I've become obsessed with.  My Aunt Cyndi used to make them for family parties and I haven't had them in years.  I started craving them out of the blue and asked my mom for the recipe.  So simple to make and my entire household (myself, the husband, the daughter AND the dog) adore them.

Aunt Cyndi's Pretzels
1 box Snyder's Sourdough Pretzels, broken into bite sized pieces
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1 tsp. dill
1 cup veg. or canola oil

Pour everything into a Ziplock bag and shake until pretzels are evenly coated, spread them on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.  Stir and cook for a couple more minutes, until done to your preference. 



Like I said... simple and DELICIOUS.  I'll be making our THIRD batch of these tonight. They don't last long at all in our house.

3. I went to my first Growth Group last week at church and absolutely loved it! It's a small group of women that get together weekly to do a bible study and socialize.  Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, I felt at home right away.  I'm really looking forward to going again tonight. I'm furthering my faith, making new friends, AND getting a night out of the house. Wins all around!

4. Although we didn't accomplish much this weekend due to sickness, my daughter and I did make some Halloween cupcakes together before we were laid up. I love that she's finally old enough to really start "helping" in the kitchen rather than just throwing thing all over the place.  She did a fantastic job of stirring and mixing and adding ingredients...
 ...and of course she did a fantastic job of chowing down on the finished product. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment