11.28.2010

Official start of the holiday season...

Well Thanksgiving and Black Friday have come and gone... and the next thing to celebrate is Christmas, followed shortly after by Abby's birthday! My baby girl will be 2 years old exactly one month from today. Where has the time gone?!? 

I hope that everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving.  Ours was great, even though Abby was sick and now we're ALL sick.  We left Wednesday night for my parents house and stayed until Saturday morning.  It was a vacation full of food, family, fun and even more food.

 Thursday morning Abby and her cousin Aiden played with their pillow pets while Grandmom got the turkey ready for the oven... yum!

 We took a walk out in the snow flurries to show Abby the lake.

She was tuckered out and took a nap... poor doll wasn't feeling well. :(


 This is my nephew, Shawn, definitely the happiest baby EVER.  I'll take a million just like him!

 Enjoying a movie with some snacks in their special chairs. :)

Coloring at Abby's new table... these two pretty much did everything together all weekend.

 Decorating turkey cookies! Great idea, Grandmom!

 I would have to say that the percentage of cookies eaten to cookies decorated was about 50/50. hehe. 

Roxie spent the long weekend at the dog hotel doing doggie day camp. It wore her out!

My mom made a delicious Thanksgiving dinner... a HUGE turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, noodles with mushrooms, onions and feta (my favorite), crescent rolls, cranberry sauce... the works! We also had a pumpkin cinnamon cake that I made, apple pie, pumpkin pie, brownies, cracker crunch and assorted other desserts. We all ate until we were stuffed and my mom sent us home with a ton of leftovers.  We sure had a lot to be thankful for this year and I pray that next year is just as amazing.




3 comments :

  1. That looks so fun! So you mention snow flurries, and I see little bare feet. Does she refuse to wear socks? Adeline will NOT wear socks in the house and her feet are like ice cubes all the time, it drives me nuts. Hope you're all feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we had a great weekend also. And maybe I just remember Aiden being that good as well, but aren't all babies like Shawn? lol... I don't appreciate how good i have it with that boy sometimes... (posted as Shawn b/c hes the one with the google account but you know it's me...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL yes, Beth. I also have a stubborn little girl with ice cold feet. I rarely wear socks around the house either though. lol. When I'm cold enough to wear socks she usually gives in and puts them on too.

    ReplyDelete