11.08.2010

Sweet story...

Possibly the sweetest little girl ever... 

I have been saying a nightly prayer with Abby to introduce the concepts of God, praying, etc.  We cuddle up in bed together (we cosleep) and just as she's relaxing to drift off we say this prayer together:

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
May angels watch me through the night,
and wake me with the morning light.


I say a line and then she repeats it, we give each other a kiss, and she falls asleep. Works like clockwork every night and has become a great part of our routine.

Yesterday she was playing with her dolls and animals and laying them all on their sides to go "night night" and I heard her whispering something to them... so I snuck a little closer to hear what she was saying and I heard her whisper "angels watch me" to each one, then give them a kiss and move on to the next one.

I melted into a puddle right then and there. I adore this child!

No comments :

Post a Comment