12.30.2010

New Years Resolutions

Do you make New Years Resolutions? I make them every year, although every year I say I'm not going to.  Well guess what... it's December 2010 and I have NO CLUE what my resolutions were last year.  Probably to lose weight, be better with my money... blah blah blah.  Same stuff every year, and nothing changes.  This is where having a blog comes in handy! I'm going to post this years resolutions right out here in the open... that way in December 2011 I can come back and see how I've done.

1.  Improve my relationships... with God, my husband, my sister.  These are the relationships in my life that I feel need the most work and would benefit the most from extra efforts.  I've already started making an extra effort and seen results in all areas, which I would love to continue to help blossom to their full potential.

2. Push myself harder to do more with Abby. (Simpe stuff like actually sitting and playing in her kitchen area with her instead of just letting her bring me "food" while I'm on the couch... or actually coloring with her instead of just setting it up for her then walking away to fold clothes)

3. Take more time for myself to do my hair and makeup instead of just throwing on a hoodie and pulling my hair up in a ponytail every day.

That last one is BY FAR going to be the hardest one for me.  I love how I look when my hair is down and straightened, my eyebrows are freshly done, I have a full face of makeup, decent clothing... it's just sooo hard to make the time to do all of that. I met up with a friend for a playdate the other day and she looked great! She had on jeans, a nice sweater, straight hair, makeup... the works.  I had on yoga pants, a hoodie, a ponytail and just mascara and chapstick.  I like being so low maintenance, but I feel like I need to step it up a bit more often.

Anyway, those are my resolutions for 2011! Good luck on your own resolutions, whatever they may be. :)

1 comment :

  1. We have the same resolution of "getting pretty" lol! So far I have done it but there are days I know I will go the sweatpants route... :0)

    ReplyDelete