5.14.2011

Creamy Bacon Dill Potato Salad

I'm going to try something new today and post a recipe tutorial on how to make my favorite potato salad. It's creamy, it has bacon and dill, and it's super easy to make. Does it get any better?! Plus now that it's grilling weather, this potato salad makes an EXCELLENT side to some hot dogs and burgers. :)

Step One: Fry up some bacon! I made this bacon earlier this morning then let it cool and cut it up into small pieces.  There are about 13 small slices here. We started with 15 but a few may have gotten "lost" along the way. ;)


Step Two: Prep and boil your potatoes! I always use baby potatoes (baby reds and yellows here) and leave the skin on.  Rinse them off and then put them in a pot of boiling water.  Boil for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes can easily be pierced with a fork.


Step Three: Gather the remaining ingredients... mayonnaise, mustard, dill and garlic salt. I would normally substitute garlic powder for garlic salt, but I was all out.


Step Four: After your potatoes are finished cooking and have cooled a bit, cut them into bite size pieces (whatever size you want, actually, I just prefer bigger pieces so you really get that potato taste.)


Step Five: Add all of the ingredients and fold together with a large spoon.  (This is where I should have taken more pictures of actually adding the ingredients... but I was distracted by a certain two year old who needed help with her play-doh.) You'll notice that I didn't put any amounts next to the ingredients. That's because I've never measured! I always just start with a little mayo, a little mustard, and keep adding until it's the consistency that I want.  Then I add a small shake of garlic and a HUGE shake of dill. I adore the flavor of dill and it really blends with the flavor of the bacon very well.

Step Six: Sneak a bite or two and then cover with saran wrap and place in the fridge until cool.


ENJOY!

No comments :

Post a Comment