12.31.2013

2013: The Year of Love

"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity." 
-Henry Van Dyke

2013 was a good year.  It had it's ups and downs, but this year I have chosen love above all else... and so 2013 was a good year.  We are still a family of 3 and I'm fine with that. I've embraced my fortune to have all of this extra for our daughter. Extra time, extra  money, extra love. 

2013 was a terrifying year. My dad had two MAJOR surgeries but both went well and he's here with us. Here to talk to, here to hug, here to enrich all of our lives, here to love. 

2013 was a busy year.  There wasn't much down time and it was tiring and wonderful and full of LOVE!

Here are some highlights from the second half of 2013:

Abby started school!  She attends a Performing Arts Preschool and we couldn't have found a better fit for her.  She loves going to school and is thriving there.

This picture was from her school recital. She was a snow fairy and in my (totally unbiased) opinion she stole the show. ;) 

I turned 30 this year. It has taken me some time to embrace that number, but I'm finally accepting of it. LOL. My loving husband really went all out to celebrate my birthday this year.  We took a romantic dinner cruise on the Spirit of Philadelphia.  There was champagne, flowers, fireworks, dancing, food, delicious drinks and great company. I truly felt like a queen that day and it will forever be one of my favorite memories.

Abby continues to love dance class and her teachers... so even though she's now dancing 5 days a week in her preschool, we allow her to continue Saturday morning classes as well. Our little prima ballerina!

We have taken on many projects this year... but one of Abby's favorites has been growing an avocado tree from a seed.  This was the day we brought B.A.T. (baby avocado tree) home. A big thanks to my friend Karen for passing him along to us. <3

Halloween brought with it another princess costume. It always amuses me that my rough and tumble sporty girl is such a fashion diva and so into princesses. This year she was Sofia the First. :)

2013 was the beginning of our new bathroom.  The new toilet and tub are complete, and the new sink and accessories are installed... now we just need to finish sanding and painting. It's been a work in progress for a while, but I'm pretty excited about the end result.  When you live in a house with only one bathroom, that bathroom needs to be nice!

Our furry family member turned 4 years old in November and we celebrated by making her peanut butter pancakes. Roxie loves her peanut butter and Abby sang Happy Birthday to her. :)

Abby and I found a new show to bond over (and obsess about)... Dr. Who!  We are now officially Whovians and have watched every single episode from 2005-current. We even made sure to watch the Christmas episode on Christmas day. The picture above is Abby's imitation of a weeping angel... though I doubt I would have to explain that to anyone who watches the show since it's a pretty spot on imitation. ;)

Last but not least, our one and only baby girl turned 5 years old. She had a special day of celebrating with a trip to the movies, shopping, out to dinner, and the Maiorino grandparents spent the night. Her party will be next month and should be super fun!

2013 was a good year.  I made some new friends, finally met some old friends in person, made some amazing connections with people and hopefully lived my life with love, glorifying God along the way. I cannot wait to see what 2014 has in store for us. 




TTime is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henryvandy161777.html#i6l3go97TsyRZ8k5.99

No comments :

Post a Comment